In addition to the objectives set out in the Regulation of the PhD Program "ICT International Doctoral School", transdisciplinary programmes are established to pursue the following specific objectives:
- the promotion of cross-disciplinary research within the PhD program;
- the training of PhD students with cross-disciplinary skills;
- the increase of collaborations with the other institutions.
The secondary program integrates the primary one without changing regulations and constraints.
It is possible to achieve the primary title without obtaining the secondary one but not the other way around.
A transdisciplinary program is organized by a panel of experts who should certify that the educational path of PhD student is relevant, original and with high standards of quality, also following the regulation of the secondary program.
Transdisciplinary program in Computational Biology
- an ad-hoc experimental laboratory course (decided every year by the panel);
- a course selected from the optional courses of the PhD Program in BS or those offered by the M.Sc. degree in Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology.
The qualifying proposal of the transdisciplinary program student should contain research aspects which are relevant for the secondary program and a feasible plan for their achievement
Work in progress
At the end of the second and third years, the Transdisciplinary program student presents his/her work in front of a commission appointed by the panel.